Sausage, Egg & cheese Hash brown cups
Yield: 12 breakfast cups
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Scoop the hash brown evenly into each of the muffin tins and them press the hash browns down into the cups and up the sides to form a well. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until edges are light brown.
3. Cut the sausages up into small bite sized pieces. mist a skillet with cooking spray and brown the sausage pieces over medium heat.
4. In another large bowl, combine the eggs and egg whites and whisk together until thoroughly beaten. add a bit of salt & pepper to taste.
5. Evenly sprinkle the browned sausage pieces and shredded cheese into each hash brown cup and then spoon the egg mixture over the top of each cup. Place the cups back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until the eggs are set and cups are golden.
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Yield: six bowls
1. In a saucepan, heat chicken and broth over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to warm and simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes. (This is an ideal time to chop the vegetables and thaw okra if frozen.)
2. About 20 minutes before the stock is done simmering, make the roux by heating the oil in the bottom of a large stockpot over medium heat until oil moves freely along the bottom of the pan. Add the flour gradually, stirring with a wooden spoon to remove any lumps. Lower heat slightly and cook roux, stirring constantly, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture is nutty-smelling and copper-brown.
3. Add onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and okra. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lightly browned and fragrant. Then lower heat to warm and let vegetables simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. While vegetables simmer, continue to next step.
4. Remove chicken from broth with tongs and cut meat off bones and into bite-sized chunks. (Discard bones at this point.) Add chicken meat to vegetable-roux mixture and stir to coat with roux. Season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Slowly add stock to vegetables and chicken, stirring as you go. Add cayenne (if using), bay leaves, and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. When soup reaches boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
6. Add sausage and simmer for 30 minutes more. Taste soup and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately over rice.
Bring water,seasoning and salt to boil in 12-quart stockpot on high heat, Add potatoes and onions. Cook 8 minutes. Add V&V Smoked sausage. Cook 5 Minutes. Add corn. Cook 7 minutes.
Stir in shrimp. Cook 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Drain cooking liquid.Pour contents into mound on paper-covered table. Sprinkle with additional crab boil seasoning if desired.
Baked Beans with Smoked Sausage
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon.
3. Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until soft.
4. Add garlic and smoked sausage and cook until sausage is brown.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Place Dutch oven, Uncovered, in oven and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until thick.